Friday, October 15, 2010

Taxes and More Taxes




So Thursday I attended a sales tax meeting for state taxes on your business sales.  Boy, was it enlightening to realize how much our government wants  a piece of  your pie.  I know that state taxes helps the state and city tax helps the city but when they want to start making you pay for sales in another state, its just crazy.

I thought if you buy something in another state on the internet you don't have to pay tax.  Well, wrong the government wants you to pay tax on it anyway.  And they claim there is no statue of limitation on taxes and they can come back even farther than 10yrs and make you pay for that tax and pay back interest too.

There is so much more to owning a business than I realized.  I'm realizing that its even better to be an LLC than a sole properitor if you don't want someone to sue you and take  all your accessts even personal accessts.  So going into business isn't that easy and I'm constantly learning things daily.

I still believe in free enterprise and free access to choices of your career and livelyhood, but frustrating when you awe so much to the government that its hard to get ahead or to retire.

In learning some of these things I did become frusrtated that I owe even more tax.  But I had to remember what the Word says,  "Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.' Matt. 22:21

Once I realized this scripture helped me become at ease with fact of paying more tax.  So I will do what I must due.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from my readers. Thank your for stopping by. Appreciate your comments!