Thursday, December 2, 2010

9 Best Winter Foods



So in reading  and email sent to me from  Eat This and Not That, I found out that the best winter foods are brussel sprouts, leeks, kale and beets.  But these just aren't very tasty for some people's pate.

Here are the number one best winter fruits and vegetables according to this site because they are packed with vitamins and nutrients:

#1  Pomegranate
# 2  Brussel Sprouts
# 3  Persimmon
#4  Leeks,  its kind of like a giant green onion
#5  Kiwi
# 6  Beets
#7  Guava
# 8  Kale, its like a green leafy spinach
#9  Pomelo
Okay, I don't know about you but some of these things I've never heard of, so I don't think I will be eating much of them, like: persimmon, guava and pomelo.  I personally just don't like beets and haven't eaten them since I was a child.  But whatever happened to good old fashion pumpkin or sweet potatoes?  They too are packed with vitamins and great winter food.  I personally don't think you can go wrong with any squash.
Source: Womens Health Magazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from my readers. Thank your for stopping by. Appreciate your comments!