Thursday, November 12, 2009
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
5 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
1 cup Cool Whip Free (fat free, sugar free)
1. preheat oven to 400f degrees.
2. in large bowl combine ricotta cheese, pumpkin, maple syrup, splenda, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and protein powder. mix well.
3. pour mixture into pie shell and smooth out with spoon or spatula
4. bake for 30 to 40 minutes until filling is set.
5. let cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for a least 2 hours before serving.
6. serve with a tbsp of the cool whip and enjoy!
This recipe is a high protein recipe that the whole family loves from Eating for Life cookbook. My family loves this and only my daughter knows its healthy. My husband who hates cheesecake loves this recipe.