Thursday, August 20, 2009

Healthy Salmon Patties Recipe



I have decided to added a weekly recipe to my blog for those who are looking for healthy foods. My favorite place to look is at www.Recipezaar.com I'm always pleased with the results. But I know it can be hard to decide which recipe to try so I will include one recipe a week that I have tried or a friend has tried. If you would like to be featured on my blog submit one of your favorite recipes. It does not have to be healthy or low fat but a favorite.

This Recipe was found on Recipezaar.com

SERVES 4 -6 , 8 patties


Ingredients
1 (14 ounce) can salmon (red or pink)

1 large egg
1 small onion, diced fine small size (or half a medium sized)
1 celery rib, diced fine
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
6-8 drops Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
1/8 cup sherry wine
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs

Directions
1 Place canned salmon with fluid in a large bowl.
2 Add next 8 ingredients and mix well to break up the salmon.
3 Add last 2 ingredients and mix to evenly moisten the oatmeal and breadcrumbs.
4 Form into patties like burgers (typical yield is 8 patties).
5 Fry in olive oil (or any other favorite healthy oil) at medium-low temperature for 4 minutes per side. Patties should be medium golden brown with a slightly crispy crust when done.
6Place on a paper towel covered plate to drain and serve while still hot.
7Although you could serve with tarter sauce or malt vinegar, you may find everyone enjoys them plain.
8Smaller patties can be used as an appetizer.

By: Chef #450966

Now my own version I omitted these items:
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
6-8 drops Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
1/8 cup sherry wine

I added garlic powder, onion powder, Italian grinder seasoning, and garlic grinder seasoning by McCormick. I used 2 cans of Salmon and 1/2 cup of low fat milk and 2 eggs instead of one and 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs. Very tasty. I served it with a mixed green salad and dressing of choice, mine is 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from my readers. Thank your for stopping by. Appreciate your comments!