SERVES 4 -6
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cups cooked white rice, cold
1 cup chicken, cooked chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat.
3. Add egg and leave flat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
4. Heat oil in same skillet; add onion and saute until soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken.
5. Stir fry together for about 5 minutes, then stir in egg. Serve hot. (from recipezzar.com)
I add garlic powder, onion powder, chopped garlic, frozen peas and carrots and saute with the onions and garlic. You could add pork or shrimp or bacon to this recipe too. I use green onions and yellow onions, and even celery. If in a hurry and don't want to chop onions use the frozen chopped onions or the frozen chopped onions with celery and pepper mix.