Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Interview with Stillwater Community Connection





Gail Metcalf: Owner/Designer, Heart & Sow Designs
Products include handmade and vintage aprons, purses, baby towels, lap blankets, scarves and accessories.
Visit my blog at:
www.heartandsowdesigns.blogspot.com
Background:
I have a degree from OSU in Early Childhood Education, & Family and Consumer Sciences. I love creative projects! I have decorated cakes and made a variety of products for craft shows and family. About 3 years ago I was looking for cute aprons and had trouble finding some. I decided to make one and discovered I liked sewing aprons and family and friends loved them. My business started with aprons and I’ve added additional products over the years.
Marketing Tip: 
Facebook and my blog have played a key role in helping me get the word out about my business. If you have products to sell be sure to check out etsy, artfire and ecrater.
How long have you lived in Stillwater?
Since 1981
What do you love about living in Stillwater?
Community Atmosphere, Safe place to raise a family
Where is your favorite place to go in Stillwater?
Hobby Lobby, Rib Crib and Texas Roadhouse
Hobbies:
Sewing, Crafts & Golf
Favorite Book:
Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
Battlefield of the Mind
Favorite Move:
The Notebook & Steel Magnolias
Married:
Yes, I’ve been married for 34yrs to a wonderful husband.
Do you have children?
Yes, 2 daughters, 1 son and 8 grandkids
How can residents connect with you?
heartandsowdesigns@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/HeartandSowDesigns
You are also welcome to connect with me on facebook via my personal account which is listed as Gail Metcalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from my readers. Thank your for stopping by. Appreciate your comments!